Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bangkok Day 2

My clock confusion persists. I uploaded an alarm clock iPad app so I didn't have to use my phone and I forgot to change the iPad time from India. Consequently, I got up a couple hours early for my morning Thai massage. No biggie. My massage was more painful than soothing, but I think that is the way it is supposed to be because I felt really stretched out.

After breakfast, my first attempt to eat for a couple of days, we headed to the tourist ghetto, Khaosan Road, so we could send off a second bundle of clothes that don't work well in this climate back home... or its an excuse to renew her wardrobe in each country.

We did the shopping that seems to be required at a new place and it hit us that we forgot it takes a couple of days to obtain a visa to get into Vietnam. We spent much of the afternoon looking into prices and timelines on getting the visas as well as booking a bus into Cambodia.

After a beer at a roof top cafe we moved ourselves to an excellent hidden vegetarian restaurant for a delicious meal with some soft live music. I know that when I got to India I said that I loved the food and I could eat it every day forever, but by the time we took off I was ready for something new. Well, I love Thai food and I think I could eat it every day.





Location:Bangkok Thailand

No comments: