Monday, January 24, 2011

Vietnam Chow

It needs to be said that this journey is also a food voyage. We spend just as much time eating as anything else while on the move. It is such a big part of what we do and I don't talk too much about it. I think many people travel like this just for the food.

I can't say I'm blown away by the food here. I think a meal at Saigon Bowl in Denver is just as good. The menu is the same everywhere, especially is you don't eat meat. If you are a carnivore the options are similar, but you just add cow, pig, bird, frog, eel, turtle, or maybe if you a daring like cobra or scorpion.

Lots of egg rolls, veggie stir fry, and noodle bowls. The French left their bread influence and the fresh baguettes are great. Also, my achilles heel, pizza is found in every restaurant. I like a good meal as much as the next person, but I'm happy I don't put too much weight into the food thing. If something blows me away culinary wise, I try to post it.




Location:Vietnam

No comments: