Thursday, February 10, 2011

Leaving Loveable Laos

I never wear shirts that advertise, but I'm attracted to the simple black and white shirt that just says, "I 'heart' Laos". It is as simple as the country itself and I truly think this place is lovable.

We had a full day in the capital, Vieng Chan or Vientiane (colonial name) before saying goodbye to Laos. It is a cute town with no high-rises, young and old temples sprinkled about, and the Mekong flowing by. Admittedly, we did not get around much, but what we saw was very nice. The easy going ways of the rest of Laos is still present making this probably the most charming capital I've been to. There is a huge assortment of international cuisines to choose from and walking throughout the town is easy. I 'heart' Laos...




Location:Laos

No comments: