Wednesday, February 2, 2011

LP

We are lying in a stilted bamboo open air cozy corner overlooking the small Nam Khan river just before it flows into the Mekong. We found the best spot in a town that has a lot of good spots and its called Utopia - most fitting. We arrived late afternoon on bicycles that took us throughout Luang Phrabang. We crossed the river and walked through even smaller villages where we spent time witnessing how their whole art and textile industry operates. I helped an older local repair the leaky seams on his boat and took a dip in the river. Basically, we had a leisure day of kicking it in LP.

Yesterday, day after we arrived we had an even more chills day as we just walked the whole town and fed ourselves at various restaurants. The menus are vast here and we have been feasting on leafy greens and big salads for the first time on this journey. After viewing some of the most vibrant gardens we jumped into the raw vegetable dishes. (It is also the first place I have found my prized condiment, mustard - I'm in heaven)

This seems to be our favorite stop on this trip. My dad emailed me wishing me the best using the words, "I hope you find what you are looking for in Laos.". I didn't think I was looking for anything, but now that I'm here I think I was looking for beautiful tranquility - a tropical version of my home in Evergreen Colorado.






Location:Luang Phrabang

No comments: